PALAB processes different types of samples in the lab focusing on retrieving biological proxies that will result in concentrates or residues with applications on Quaternary paleoecology and paleolimnology, radiocarbon dating (sample pre-treatment to date pollen residue), archaeology and biostratigraphy. The service is open to any universities, research institutes or centres, individual researchers and private and public companies. We work on a wide range of palaeoarchives including lake sediments, peat bogs and similar, modern samples (including mosses), archaeological sites, caves, middens, etc.
- Physic-chemical attack (acid digestion) for palynological analysis
- Chemical attack (oxidative digestion) for diatom analysis
- Pre-treatment of sediments for obtaining pollen-based samples suitable for 14C dating analysis (chemical attack by acid digestion)
- Sieving and soft chemical attack for macrocharcoal analysis
- Chemical attack (acid digestion) in herbarium or fresh material (for reference collection)
- Chemical attack (oxidative digestion) for biofilm ( e.g. periphyton)
- Renting of microscopic facilities for self-service analysis