The main objective of this research challenge is to improve the knowledge of solid Earth’s structure and dynamic, and determine their influence in the origin of geological risks and resources, providing inputs for the productive sector and the society.
Our research focuses on:
- The Earth's crust and terrestrial mantle structure, physical properties and dynamic process to different spatial-temporal scales.
- Combination of experimental data from seismic exploration, potential fields and surface geology.
- Development of evolutionary models of dynamics and physicochemical processes of the crust and mantle and their interaction with surface processes of mass distribution and relief modification.
- Development of industrial applications of the basic research developed in this challenge.
- Development of new geophysical methodologies and numerical modelling and processing algorithms.
- Comparison between terrestrial geodynamics and other planetary systems.
Challenge coordinator: María Gema Llorens