The main objective is to carry out actions to ensure equal ease of access to opportunities in the researcher's career development. The Committee works to prevent inequalities and discrimination that may generate situations of inferiority for gender or sexual orientation reasons.
The GEO3BCN-CSIC equality committee, proposed by Joaquina Álvarez-Marron, was established in January 2021 by the institute board. If you have any doubts or suggestions, you can send an email to .
Here is the status update on gender equality at GEO3BCN-CSIC in March 2022.
- 11F outreach activity (before the Committee's establishment): La ciencia no es cuestión de género. Youtube Video
- Creation of the Equality committee webpage section
- Reconciling work and family life by promoting the Equality committee meetings schedules from 10h am to 15h pm.
- GEO3BCN-CSIC staff assessment in terms of Equality
- Organising the IDAEA Equality committee talk at GEO3BCN-CSIC
- 3-4 members of the Committee have taken part in the CSIC training plan about Gender equality